Mathematica is designing an evaluation framework and pilot data system that would enhance the National Science Foundation’s (NSF’s) ability to monitor the REU program and to conduct evaluations with increasing level of rigor in the future.
Study highlights methods to improve school performance beyond test scores.Read more
Request for proposals seeks providers of formal training and implementation support.Read more
Mathematica builds resources for educators.Read more
New video highlights Mathematica's efforts to advance global literacy.Read more
A high-quality education is critical to the future of our nation's children and our country's economic success, but many lack access to effective teachers and schools. Mathematica studies public and private efforts to improve the quality of education and competitiveness of our workforce. Our work helps advance the science of education research and further discourse about education reform.
Research Experiences for Undergraduates: Developing an Evaluation Framework and Pilot-Testing a Longitudinal Tracking System
Evaluation of the LSAMP Bridge to the Doctorate Initiative
Mathematica monitored the educational progression and ultimate employment outcomes of the first four cohorts of the National Science Foundation’s (NSF’s) Bridge to the Doctorate (BD) fellowship recipients and assessed the program impact using a quasi-experimental design.
Albert Liu has studied issues related to education, labor, and immigration policy with expertise in research design, econometric methods, data analysis, and project management.Featured Projects
- Value-Added Analysis Services for the State of Oklahoma
- Secondary Math Teachers from Teach For America and the Teaching Fellows Programs
- Evaluation of the Teacher Incentive Fund: Implementation and Early Impacts of Pay-for-Performance After One Year
- Evaluation of the Teacher Incentive Fund: Implementation and Early Impacts of Pay-for-Performance After One Year: Executive Summary
- College and Career Readiness
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness
- Training and Re-Employment
- Transition to Adulthood
helped raise the math and reading test scores of elementary students by 4 to 10 percentile points.