We tested whether offering a choice of completing just the first section of a survey or the full version would raise response for the first section, compared to a request to complete the full survey with no choice.
Mathematica Survey Experts Featured at AAPOR and IFD&TC Annual Conferences
Survey experts from Mathematica Policy Research will travel to Denver, Colorado, to attend two exciting May conferences:
- The 73rd Annual Conference of the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) taking place May 16 to 19. For those attending AAPOR, visit Booth 114 in the exhibit hall to talk to us about our latest research publications, survey capabilities, and career opportunities.
- The International Field Directors and Technologies Conference (IFD&TC) taking place May 20 to May 23.
Mathematica survey researchers will participate in the following presentations:
- At AAPOR, our experts will discuss survey research, design, and data collection, illustrating how this work fits into the conference theme: Taking Survey and Public Opinion Research to New Heights! Click here for a full list of Mathematica presentations. Sessions include the following:
- Mail Surveys: The Effect of the Envelope and Everything in It on Survey Response, with Kim Mook [May 16 at 1:30 p.m. in Governor’s Square 10]
- Incentive Traits for Better Response Rates, with Jared Coopersmith [May 18 at 10:00 a.m. in Governor’s Square 11]
- AAPOR’s Got Talent, with Diane Herz as a judge [May 18 at 8:00 a.m. in the Plaza Ballroom]
- At IFD&TC, our experts will present:
Share your thoughts about AAPOR and IFD&TC with us on social media. Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for updates on presentations, recruiting opportunities, participation in the speed-networking sessions, and other conference news.