The Money Follows the Person Demonstration is a federal initiative to help states reduce their reliance on institutional care for people needing long-term care, and expand options for elderly people and individuals with disabilities to receive care in the community.
Health Care and Long-Term Services and Support
Research and Evaluation of the Money Follows the Person (MFP) Demonstration Grants
Medicaid Buy-In Program
The Medicaid Buy-In program allows adults with disabilities to earn more than would otherwise be possible and still have Medicaid coverage. In return, participants “buy into” the Medicaid program, typically by paying premiums based on income. To assist CMS in monitoring the program, Mathematica has developed...
Wilfredo Lim’s research focuses on measuring and reporting provider performance in the context of health care payment reform. He also has experience conducting evaluations of long-term care programs.Featured Projects
- Developing Resource Use Reports for Medicare Fee-for-Service Claims
- Supporting Quality and Efficiency in Medicare With Value-Based Payment Modification and Physician Feedback Reports
- The Changing Medical and Long-Term Care Expenditures of People Who Transition from Institutional Care to Home- and Community-Based Services
- Factors Predicting Transitions from Medicare-Only to Medicare-Medicaid Enrollee Status
- Statistics and Measurement
- Health Care
- Long-Term Services and Supports
- Quality Measurement