Youth with disabilities who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) face substantial barriers to economic independence in transitioning to adult life. The barriers are related to their health status, social isolation, service needs, and potential loss of disability benefits.
Transition to Adulthood
Evaluation of the Promoting the Readiness of Minors in Supplemental Security Income PROMISE Grants
Evaluation of the Maryland Way2Work Model
Mathematica is evaluating the impact of Way2Work, a transition work-based learning model, on the post-school outcomes of high school students with disabilities in select Maryland counties. A grant from the federal Rehabilitation Services Administration funds this work.
Director of Health Research
David Wittenburg is an expert in interventions to promote employment for people with disabilities, particularly interventions that serve youth as they transition into adulthood. He has more than two decades of experience inevaluation design and program evaluation for several federal agencies.Featured Projects
- Employment Policy and Measurement Rehabilitation Research and Training Center
- Accelerated Benefits Demonstration
- Finding Alternatives to Disability Benefit Receipt
- Social Security Disability Benefits: Finding Alternatives to Benefit Receipt
- Employment and Income Support
- Statistics and Measurement
- Data Analytics
- Transition to Adulthood