This study for the U.S. Department of Education will identify and examine the effectiveness of specific adult education programs and services.
Literacy and Numeracy
Reading and math skills are critical foundations, yet little is known about the effectiveness of different approaches for teaching these skills. To better inform school administrators' curricula decisions, we have evaluated remedial reading programs, technology-based reading and math programs, reading comprehension curricula, and popular elementary math curricula.
Assessing Evidence of Effectiveness in Adult Education
Susan Zief has experience in experimental impact evaluations of interventions targeted at at-risk youth, as well as qualitative and quantitative descriptive studies.Featured Projects
- Expanding the Use and Understanding of Evidence-Based Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs
- Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP)
- Design for an Impact Study of Four PREP Programs
- Supporting Policy and Program Decisions: Recommendations for Conducting High Quality Systematic Evidence Reviews
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Labor: Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Human Services