The What Works Clearinghouse collects, reviews, and reports on studies of education interventions. The growing focus on evidence-based decision making has increased demand for this type of information.
Strengthening and Disseminating Research
Education and policy leaders face a bewildering array of choices in curricula, instructional approaches, and student services. Scientifically based research can help them justify better decisions, if this work reaches those who need it in the field. Mathematica plays an important role in improving research evidence and amplifying the findings from high quality studies.
Assessing New Uses of Regression Discontinuity (RD) Designs: Producing Broader Evaluations of Education and Training Interventions
Mathematica is assessing the validity and accuracy of new techniques for extending regression discontinuity designs to produce impacts for individuals whose program eligibility scores are away from the cutoff score.
Senior Data Analytics Lead
Jonathan Ladinsky is an expert in building performance management systems from concept through implementation. He has developed systems for federal and state clients, analyzing administrative data and training federal, state, and grantee staff.Featured Projects
- Improving the Coordination and Performance of Government Programs for Disadvantaged Job Seekers
- Data Requirements Testing and Integration Engineering for Federal Health Insurance Exchanges
- Implementing Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program in Puerto Rico: A Feasibility Study
- New Entrepreneurial Learning Phase I Evaluation
- Family Support
- TANF and Employment Issues
- Data Analytics
- Employment and Income Support
- Data Management
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Quality Measurement
- Data Analytics
- Nutrition and Food Assistance Programs