The What Works Clearinghouse collects, reviews, and reports on studies of education interventions. The growing focus on evidence-based decision making has increased demand for this type of information.
Strengthening and Disseminating Research
Education and policy leaders face a bewildering array of choices in curricula, instructional approaches, and student services. Scientifically based research can help them justify better decisions, if this work reaches those who need it in the field. Mathematica plays an important role in improving research evidence and amplifying the findings from high quality studies.
Assessing New Uses of Regression Discontinuity (RD) Designs: Producing Broader Evaluations of Education and Training Interventions
Mathematica is assessing the validity and accuracy of new techniques for extending regression discontinuity designs to produce impacts for individuals whose program eligibility scores are away from the cutoff score.
Senior Survey Researcher
Nancy Duda specializes in survey design, pretesting, data collection, and methodology to evaluate policies and programs in health care and education.Featured Projects
- Evaluation of the Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative
- Evaluating the Nation's Largest Primary Care Delivery Initiative
- Incentives and Survey Length: Does Offering a Choice Result in Higher Response Rates? (Presentation)
- Evaluation of the Home Health Independence Demonstration: Barriers to a Successful Experiment Were Multifaceted and Difficult Policy Issues Remain
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Labor: Strengthening and Disseminating Research