Large investments of federal money have been flowing to states and districts through Title II to help develop effective teachers and school leaders.
Transitioning from high school to the next step can be both exciting and daunting.Read more
But higher ratings aren't linked to better outcomes for children.Read more
Place-based initiatives help children reach their full potential.Read more
Making progress on programs from preschool to adult education.Read more
A high-quality education is critical to the future of our nation's children and our country's economic success, but many lack access to effective teachers and schools. Mathematica studies public and private efforts to improve the quality of education and competitiveness of our workforce. Our work helps advance the science of education research and further discourse about education reform.
Improving Educator Effectiveness Through Partnerships and Collaboration
Evaluation of the Promoting the Readiness of Minors in Supplemental Security Income PROMISE Grants
Youth with disabilities who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) face substantial barriers to economic independence in transitioning to adult life. The barriers are related to their health status, social isolation, service needs, and potential loss of disability benefits.
Senior Survey Researcher
Nancy Duda specializes in survey design, pretesting, data collection, and methodology to evaluate policies and programs in health care and education.Featured Projects
- Evaluation of the Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative
- Evaluating the Nation's Largest Primary Care Delivery Initiative
- Incentives and Survey Length: Does Offering a Choice Result in Higher Response Rates? (Presentation)
- Evaluation of the Home Health Independence Demonstration: Barriers to a Successful Experiment Were Multifaceted and Difficult Policy Issues Remain
- Quality Measurement
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research