The Youth CareerConnect program is designed to encourage America’s school districts, institutions of higher education, the workforce investment system, and their partners to scale up evidence-based high school models that will transform the high school experience for America’s youth.
Ensuring that our nation's young people, particularly those at risk, complete high school and make the transition to productive careers is an important policy concern. We produced evidence on the effectiveness of alternative programs such as Job Corps, which saturates youth with education, training, and other services in a residential setting, and the Quantum Opportunity Program, an intensive intervention targeted toward youth with low grades in schools with high dropout rates. Other studies have examined ways to improve services for youth involved with the criminal justice system and efforts to link at-risk students with educational, mentoring, career, cultural, and financial supports, as well as postsecondary training. We are currently evaluating the summer youth employment programs funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
Youth CareerConnect Evaluation
Learning, Evaluation, and TANF: Workforce Program Redesign Technical Assistance for Denver County
Mathematica is providing technical assistance to the Denver Office of Economic Development for their TANF and workforce program redesign to help support implementation and to ensure sustainability of system changes to better serve families in Denver County.
Nan Maxwell evaluates labor policies targeted at increasing employment and compensation for disadvantaged workers.Featured Projects
- Youth CareerConnect Evaluation
- Best Practices for TAACCCT Grantees: Identifying Effective Strategies to Improve the Lives of Low-Skilled Adults
- Bridging the Gap in Workforce and Education Services: Career Coaching in the Virginia RETHINKS Health Sciences Education TAACCCT Program
- Data and Decision Making: Same Organization, Different Perceptions
- Economic Development, Job Creation and Entrepreneurship
- Youth Employment
- Training and Reemployment