The School Nutrition and Meal Cost Study provides data on a broad array of topics, including critical information about the food and nutrient content of school meals, the costs of school meals, the food environments in schools, and the contribution of school meals to children's overall diets.
The School Nutrition and Meal Cost Study (SNMCS)
Do Taxes on Sugar-Sweetened Beverages Help Reduce Child Obesity? A Look at Three Cities
This study is evaluating the implementation and impact of these taxes on sugar-sweetened beverages in Philadelphia and two other cities to be determined.
Senior Fellow; Director of Nutrition Research
Mary Kay Fox is a nationally recognized expert in nutrition, childhood obesity, and school food environments. She is also Mathematica's director for nutrition policy research.Featured Projects
- The School Nutrition and Meal Cost Study (SNMCS)
- Reducing the Risk of Online Sales of WIC Infant Formula: An Assessment of State Agency Practices
- Review of WIC Food Packages: Proposed Framework for Revisions, Interim Report
- Review of WIC Food Packages: An Evaluation of White Potatoes in the Cash Value Voucher
- Nutrition and Food Assistance Programs
- Childhood Obesity
- Food Security and Hunger
- Food Purchases, Intakes, and Dietary Quality