The Administration for Community Living (ACL) was created around the fundamental principle that all people, regardless of age or disability, should be able to live independently and fully participate in their communities.
Good nutrition is vital to good health and quality of life. Mathematica is a leader in evaluating programs and policies to ensure healthy and sufficient diets for all Americans. Our research has addressed the quality of foods federal nutrition assistance provide as well as the diets people consumer throughout their lives—from infancy to advanced age.
The Administration on Aging Nutrition Services Program Evaluation
Ensuring the Integrity of the School Meals Application Process
This study is evaluating the accuracy of the school meals benefit determination process nationwide by updating and expanding on work Mathematica completed in 2004.
Emily Sama-Miller specializes in systematic evidence and literature reviews, implementation and process evaluation, and analysis of administrative data for human services programs.Featured ProjectsFeatured Publications
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Pilot Projects in Increasing Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Participation Among the Medicare Extra Help Population (Summary)
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Pilot Projects in Increasing Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Participation Among Medicare's Extra Help Population
- Early Childhood
- Family Support
- Systematic Evidence Reviews
- Nutrition and Food Assistance Programs
- Early Childhood Systems
- TANF and Employment Issues
after six months of SNAP participation.