Increasing the number of highly effective teachers and principals is a national policy concern focus of federal education policy.
Report highlights lessons from a study of the Teacher Incentive Fund.Read more
A high-quality education is critical to the future of our nation's children and our country's economic success, but many lack access to effective teachers and schools. Mathematica studies public and private efforts to improve the quality of education and competitiveness of our workforce. Our work helps advance the science of education research and further discourse about education reform.
Providing Technical Assistance to Teacher Quality Programs
Peer Review and Support for Regional Educational Laboratories
This project provides independent external review of products produced by the U.S. Department of Education’s 10 Regional Educational Laboratories (RELs).
Ali Protik specializes in the design and impact analysis of experimental and quasi-experimental evaluations. His work focuses on international development, including education, energy, and civic participation, as well as U.S. education policies.Featured Projects
- Burkina Faso: Impact Evaluation Design and Implementation for BRIGHT 1 and 2
- Impact Evaluation of Support for Principals
- BRIGHT Improves Girls' School Enrollment, Test Scores (Issue Brief)
- Lessons on Improving Governance in a Complex Policy Environment in Rwanda
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness
- Teacher and Principal Preparation and Support
- Democracy and Governance
helped raise the math and reading test scores of elementary students by 4 to 10 percentile points.