This project involves developing, field testing, and disseminating easy-to-use evaluation resources, via a web-based, interactive toolkit, to expedite low-cost, quick-turnaround evaluations using rapid-cycle evaluation.
RCT-YES empowers decision makers in public service to analyze data.Read more
Parents value diversity, location, and school performance.Read the policy brief and working paper
Lab supports state and local decision makers’ efforts to improve education.Read more
Case study, Education Next discuss PARCC and MCAS ability to predict college outcomes.Read more
Students at unique charter school achieve substantial growth after three years.Read more
A high-quality education is critical to the future of our nation's children and our country's economic success, but many lack access to effective teachers and schools. Mathematica studies public and private efforts to improve the quality of education and competitiveness of our workforce. Our work helps advance the science of education research and further discourse about education reform.
Rapid-Cycle Tech Evaluations Accelerate Decisionmaking
Using Rapid-Cycle Techniques to Spur and Test Innovation: The Early Learning Lab
The Early Learning Lab is a new venture designed to catalyze the innovation and learning needed to support great teaching and caregiving for all young children. The lab uses new tools and approaches in partnership with others to design, test, and promote the large-scale adoption of effective and...
Alison Wellington has expertise in rigorous evaluations of large-scale education projects.Featured Projects
- Secondary Math Teachers from Teach For America and the Teaching Fellows Programs
- Pay-for-Performance: Evaluating the Teacher Incentive Fund
- Evaluation of the Teacher Incentive Fund: Implementation and Early Impacts of Pay-for-Performance After One Year: Executive Summary
- Impacts of Performance Pay Under the Teacher Incentive Fund: Study Design Report
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Effective Data Use
helped raise the math and reading test scores of elementary students by 4 to 10 percentile points.