The School District of Philadelphia has embarked on a multiyear effort to improve the outcomes of students in low-performing schools.
Making progress on programs from preschool to adult education.Read more
Behavioral nudges boost number who apply, as well as selectivity of colleges they target.
A high-quality education is critical to the future of our nation's children and our country's economic success, but many lack access to effective teachers and schools. Mathematica studies public and private efforts to improve the quality of education and competitiveness of our workforce. Our work helps advance the science of education research and further discourse about education reform.
Evaluation of the School District of Philadelphia’s Renaissance Initiative and Turnaround Network
Evaluation of the Atlanta Public Schools Turnaround Strategy
Atlanta Public Schools (APS) implements several key programs as part of a Turnaround Strategy to transform its lowest-performing schools and increase students’ achievement.
Linda Rosenberg has more than 25 years of experience conducting qualitative research of programs in domestic policy areas, including education, labor, and welfare.Featured Projects
- Evaluating Race to the Top and School Improvement Grants
- Providing Services to Veterans Through the Public Workforce System: Descriptive Findings from the WIA Gold Standard Evaluation
- A Focused Look at Rural Schools Receiving School Improvement Grants (Book Chapter)
- The Structure and Operations of Social Enterprises in REDF's Social Innovation Fund Portfolio: Interim Report
- Training and Reemployment
- Family Support
- School Reform
- TANF and Employment Issues
helped raise the math and reading test scores of elementary students by 4 to 10 percentile points.