Mathematica is conducting a developmental evaluation of the Local Deep End Initiative, including process and outcome analyses in 12 communities.
Behavioral interventions for labor-related programs.Read more
Recognizing National Reentry Week.Read more
Map and tables highlight employment opportunities for each state.Read more
Justice-involved individuals face major challenges as they re-enter society. Read about our work to improve their prospects.Read more
New study sheds light on veterans' use of American Job Center services.Read the report
A successful career and the financial stability that comes with it are central to the American dream. But not everyone in or entering the workforce has the education and training necessary to achieve their goals. The barriers to employment are particularly acute for young people in poverty; low-income adults; ex-offenders; veterans, their spouses, and spouses of service members; older workers; persons with disabilities; and laid-off workers in declining industries. Mathematica analyzes programs and policies intended to help these individuals succeed in the labor market, and we help government agencies and nonprofit organizations provide education, training, and employment services more effectively and efficiently.
Improving Outcomes for Youth Involved in the Juvenile Justice System
Project AWESOME: Advancing Welfare and Family Self-Sufficiency Research
Project AWESOME, a four-year effort, is producing cross-cutting research that is responsive to the needs and interests of the field. Mathematica is supporting the development, implementation, and dissemination of this research program.
Quinn Moore applies rigorous analytical techniques in studies of family well-being, low-income employment, and social support programs, including food assistance and welfare initiatives.Featured Projects
- Estimating Improper Payments for School Meal Programs: Access, Participation, Eligibility, and Certification II (APEC)
- Child Support Noncustodial Parent Employment Demonstration (CSPED)
- The National School Lunch Program Direct Certification Improvement Study: Analysis of Unmatched Records (Summary)
- The National School Lunch Program Direct Certification Improvement Study: Analysis of Unmatched Records
- Family Support
- Strengthening Families and Responsible Fatherhood
- Nutrition and Food Assistance Programs
participating in training programs can be effective at increasing their earnings.