Mathematica conducted evaluations of two activities and a related initiative under the Tanzania energy-sector project. The activities included laying a new submarine cable to provide a more reliable source of electricity to Unguja Island, extending lines into new areas, and offering low-cost electricity...
Although science has documented the effects of climate change, waste and land management, and environmental pollutants on our planet, how we change human behavior has proved more elusive. Building on a long history of policy research coupled with insights into behavioral science and experience with evaluation design, Mathematica helps examine the effectiveness of policies and create strategies for responding to environmental issues.
Tanzania Energy-Sector Impact Evaluation
Cabo Verde: Improving Performance in the WASH Sector
This project aims to increase access, utilization, and quality of services and facilities in Cabo Verde while reducing consumer costs by supporting national policy reform, promoting the corporatization of utilities, and creating a funding mechanism for infrastructure projects.
Director, Health Research Senior Fellows
Randall Brown is an expert in health care policy issues related to care for the chronically ill, long-term care, managed care, and quality of care. His work has dealt primarily with Medicare and Medicaid populations.Featured Projects
- Research and Evaluation of the Money Follows the Person (MFP) Demonstration Grants
- Evaluation of the Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative
- Staffing Patterns of Primary Care Practices in the Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative
- Impacts of Waiting Periods for Home- and Community-Based Services on Consumers and Medicaid Long-Term Care Costs in Iowa
- Health Care
- Care Delivery Systems
- Long-Term Services and Supports
and release more than 70 percent of global energy-related carbon dioxide emissions.