Evidence suggests that positive father involvement enhances child well-being and can improve a range of outcomes for children.
Using research and building evidence to progress on state programs.
Including other services among children in foster care.Read more
Mathematica studies the stability and well-being of families with children—particularly families with limited means—to deepen understanding of programs to help them succeed. Our research provides insights into how parent's success in the labor market, programs to protect families against economic and personal misfortune, and strategies to address the needs of families headed by parents who had their first child as teens can affect the material comforts, self-esteem, and well-being they and their children enjoy, as well as the quality of couple and family relationships.
Shawn Marsh specializes in managing large data collection efforts, implementing random assignment in local sites, and achieving high response rates.Featured Projects
- Preparing Young People for the Future: Evaluating the Impact of the YouthBuild Program
- Rural Welfare-to-Work Strategies Demonstration Evaluation
- Ensuring Data Quality: What Criteria Do Monitors Use to Rate Interviewers?
- Who's Monitoring the Monitors? Ensuring Data Quality in Telephone Interviewing
- Family Support
- Strengthening Families and Responsible Fatherhood
- Youth Development
- Criminal Justice