The School District of Philadelphia has embarked on a multiyear effort to improve the outcomes of students in low-performing schools.
Identifying effective school reform strategies and understanding why they work is vitally important as federal, state, and local authorities decide how to invest limited resources. We evaluate the highest profile efforts to change our nation's education system and provide clear, reliable information to inform decision making.
Evaluation of the School District of Philadelphia’s Renaissance Initiative and Turnaround Network
Evaluation of the Atlanta Public Schools Turnaround Strategy
Atlanta Public Schools (APS) implements several key programs as part of a Turnaround Strategy to transform its lowest-performing schools and increase students’ achievement.
Kristin Hallgren specializes in conducting in-depth, qualitative research on educational interventions. She also has expertise in evaluating school turnaround, teacher supports, and data-driven decision making strategies in education.Featured Projects
- Pay-for-Performance: Evaluating the Teacher Incentive Fund
- Evaluation of the Atlanta Public Schools Turnaround Strategy
- The Atlanta Public Schools Turnaround Strategy After One Year: High Impact Tutoring and the Purpose Built Schools Partnership
- Companion Document for the Strategic Data Project and Education Pioneers Year 2 Report: Changing Education Agencies from the Inside Out
- Quality Measurement
- Effective Data Use
- School Reform
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness
- Teacher and Principal Preparation and Support
- Human Services