Atlanta Public Schools (APS) implements several key programs as part of a Turnaround Strategy to transform its lowest-performing schools and increase students’ achievement.
Identifying effective school reform strategies and understanding why they work is vitally important as federal, state, and local authorities decide how to invest limited resources. We evaluate the highest profile efforts to change our nation's education system and provide clear, reliable information to inform decision making.
Evaluation of the Atlanta Public Schools Turnaround Strategy
Evaluation of the School District of Philadelphia’s Renaissance Initiative and Turnaround Network
The School District of Philadelphia has embarked on a multiyear effort to improve the outcomes of students in low-performing schools.
Vice President of Business Development and Client Partnerships, Human Services
Susanne James-Burdumy is an expert in the design and conduct of rigorous evaluations of educational programs and interventions.Featured Projects
- Study of Feedback for Teachers Based on Classroom Videos
- Evaluating Race to the Top and School Improvement Grants
- The Impact of Playworks on Students’ Physical Activity by Race/Ethnicity: Findings from a Randomized Controlled Trial (Journal Article)
- The Impact of Playworks on Boys' and Girls' Physical Activity During Recess
- School Reform
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research