The Colorado Evaluation and Action Lab (“Colorado Lab”) partners with the Office of Colorado’s Governor and works with state agencies to improve the lives of Colorado’s residents.
Mathematica recognizes Second Chance Month.Read more
People who have been incarcerated face daunting challenges in re-entering society and in rebuilding their lives. Many lack education, work experience, family support, and housing. In addition, substance abuse and mental health problems are common. Without adequate supports, recidivism is likely.
We study programs and services to improve education and employment outcomes, strengthen family relationships, and provide health and financial supports for people involved with the justice system. Our researchers are evaluating initiatives for multiple populations, including youth offenders, adults in jails and prisons, and former offenders. Our work provides insight into the effectiveness of interventions at many points of contact with the juvenile and criminal justice systems, including violence prevention programs, bail programs, and juvenile justice reform efforts in cities and counties across the country.
Colorado Department of Corrections Reentry Systems Mapping
Mobilizing Communities to Prevent Violence: Evaluation of Oakland Unite
This study includes (1) annual evaluations of the 25 programs funded through Oakland Unite, (2) annual evaluations of program strategies (life coaching, education and economic self-sufficiency, and violent incident and crisis response), and (3) a four-year impact evaluation.
Todd Honeycutt focuses on vocational rehabilitation and employment programs for the working-age population and youth with disabilities. He also has expertise in social network analyses and developmental evaluation.Featured Projects
- Disability Statistics and Measurement Rehabilitation Research and Training Center (STATS-RRTC)
- Evaluation of the Promoting the Readiness of Minors in Supplemental Security Income PROMISE Grants
- Youth with Disabilities at the Crossroads: The Intersection of Vocational Rehabilitation and Disability Benefits for Youth with Disabilities
- Crime and Parenthood: Factors Affecting the Outcomes of Adolescents With and Without Disabilities
- Transition to Adulthood
- Employment and Income Support
- Statistics and Measurement