The Administration for Community Living (ACL) was created around the fundamental principle that all people, regardless of age or disability, should be able to live independently and fully participate in their communities.
Good nutrition is vital to good health and quality of life. Mathematica is a leader in evaluating programs and policies to ensure healthy and sufficient diets for all Americans. Our research has addressed the quality of foods federal nutrition assistance provide as well as the diets people consumer throughout their lives—from infancy to advanced age.
The Administration on Aging Nutrition Services Program Evaluation
Ensuring the Integrity of the School Meals Application Process
This study is evaluating the accuracy of the school meals benefit determination process nationwide by updating and expanding on work Mathematica completed in 2004.
Director, Human Services
Michael Ponza is an expert in food and nutrition programs and policies with expertise in directing large-scale operations.Featured Projects
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Employment and Training Pilots Evaluation
- School Nutrition and Meal Cost Study (SNMCS)
- Teaching Self-Sufficiency Through Home Visitation and Life Skills Education
- Factors Associated with School Meal Participation and the Relationship Between Different Participation Measures
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Nutrition and Food Assistance Programs
- Food Security and Hunger
after six months of SNAP participation.