Mathematica's reputation for quality and objectivity is based in no small part on our high-caliber staff. Employees at all levels are selected for their superior experience, education, and training. Most senior staff hold doctoral degrees and are nationally recognized in their fields, which include economics, sociology, survey research, public policy analysis, demography, education, and computer technology.
Ira Nichols-Barrer’s research focuses on education as well as international democracy and governance. He conducts large evaluations of school choice policies and practices, in addition to evaluations in developing and post-conflict countries.Featured ProjectsFeatured PublicationsTopics
- School Choice and Charters
- College and Career Readiness
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Democracy and Governance
Eric Schone specializes in research on health care outcomes and measurement of health care cost effectiveness and quality. He extracts information about system performance from administrative and survey data and uses statistical methods to measure quality and promote improvement.Featured ProjectsFeatured Publications
- Risk Adjustment: What Is the Current State of the Art and How Can it Be Improved?
- Patterns of Hospital Performance in Acute Myocardial Infarction and Heart Failure 30-Day Mortality and Readmission
- Quality Measurement
- Care Delivery Systems