The SourceAmerica® Pathways to Careers™ program helps individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities or a primary diagnosis of autism obtain competitive integrated employment aligned with their skills, interests, strengths, and abilities. Mathematica is conducting an evaluation of Pathways.
New resources and blog post navigate interventions for youth receiving Supplemental Security Income.Read more
Using research and building evidence to progress on state programs.
A successful career and the financial stability that comes with it are central to the American dream. But not everyone in or entering the workforce has the education and training necessary to achieve their goals. The barriers to employment are particularly acute for young people in poverty; low-income adults; ex-offenders; veterans, their spouses, and spouses of service members; older workers; persons with disabilities; and laid-off workers in declining industries. Mathematica analyzes programs and policies intended to help these individuals succeed in the labor market, and we help government agencies and nonprofit organizations provide education, training, and employment services more effectively and efficiently.
Evaluation of the Pathways to Careers Program
Next Generation of Enhanced Employment Strategies Project (NextGen)
This project aims to identify and rigorously evaluate the effectiveness of innovative programs designed to promote employment and economic security among low-income individuals with complex challenges to employment, such as health conditions, criminal history, or limited work skills and experience.
Pia Caronongan’s work focuses on early childhood programs and policies, particularly those targeted toward children from low-income families.Featured Projects
- Assessing the Implementation and Cost of High Quality Early Care and Education
- Early Head Start Family and Child Experiences Survey (Baby FACES)
- Toddlers in Early Head Start: A Portrait of 2-Year-Olds, Their Families, and the Programs Serving Them (Executive Summary)
- Early Head Start Programs Deliver a Variety of Quality Services to Families with Infants and Toddlers (In Focus Brief)
- Early Childhood
- Quality Measurement
- Child Development
- Systematic Evidence Reviews
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research